Arne: SAGA Audio Core
The SAGA Core contains the Arne Core, which is an improved version of the audio chip (Paula) that was used in classic Amigas.
Arne is only available in Core version >= GOLD3 (as in the Vampire Standalone).
- 16 independent, DMA-driven audio channels.
- Support for 8-bit and 16-bit samples.
- Support for sampling rates up to 56 kHz.
- Internal mixing with 24-bit precision and 4-times oversampling.
- Support for stereo separation / panning for all 16 channels.
- Extended sample length.
- Support for one-shot sample playback in addition to continuous playback.
- Ability to read from the entire RAM (not just Chip RAM).
- Full backward-compatibility with Paula.
Last modified: le 2020/05/17 22:02