This is an old revision of the document!
Troubleshooting the Vampire 500 V2+
- My Vampire 500 V2+ is having stability issues.
- Since Core version GOLD2.7, the FPGA is heavily used, and some early Vampire 500 V2+ boards (with Rev: 2) showed signs of electrical weakness.
- Your PSU might be bad / damaged. Try a more powerful, higher-quality PSU.
- Remove add-ons that consume too much power.
- Make sure that the Vampire is tightly connected to the CPU socket.
- My monitor / TV does not show the Digital Video output of the Vampire.
- Your Digital Video cable might be bad / damaged. Try a different one.
- Try a different monitor / TV.
- Try entering the Amiga Early Startup Control, by holding down both mouse buttons during power-on. This screen will be output from the legacy video outputs of the Amiga, so you should see it on a monitor connected to one of those ports, assuming that this monitor was working fine without the Vampire. If you can't see anything at this point, then please refer to the other solutions for stability problems.
- If you can see the Amiga Early Startup Control, boot your Amiga without RTG, by following the instructions under “Disabling RTG” on this page. The resulting screen will be output from the legacy video outputs of the Amiga, so you should see it on a monitor connected to one of those ports. If you can't see anything at this point, then maybe your storage device does not boot properly. Please refer to the other solutions for boot problems.
Last modified: le 2020/08/02 12:37